Hemogram Test (Complete Blood Count Test/CBC Test)
A complete blood count (CBC) or hemogram test is a blood test used to evaluate your overall health and detect a wide range of disorders, including anemia, infection, and leukemia.
Note: Read test details, FAQs and pre testing conditions before proceeding to booking.
Complete Blood Count / CBC Test
A complete hemogram is a blood test used to evaluate your overall health and detect a wide range of disorders, including anemia, infection, and leukemia.
A complete blood count test (hemogram test) measures several components and features of your blood, including:
- Red blood cells, which carry oxygen
- White blood cells, which fight infection
- Hemoglobin, the oxygen-carrying protein in red blood cells
- Hematocrit, the proportion of red blood cells to the fluid component, or plasma, in your blood
- Platelets, which help with blood clotting
Abnormal increases or decreases in cell counts as revealed in a complete blood count may show that you have an underlying medical condition that calls for further evaluation.
Complete Blood Count (CBC) or hemogram is a blood test that measures Red blood cells (RBC), White blood cells (WBC), platelets (PLTs), hemoglobin (Hb), and Hematocrit (Hct) in the blood. This test is used to determine the overall health and screen for any diseases that affect the blood cells.
What are blood cells, hemoglobin, and hematocrit?
Blood is composed of cells and necessary substances such as nutrients and oxygen needed for the health. The blood cells are produced in the bone marrow and are released into the blood. It provides nutrients and helps in the transport of gases within cells and tissues.
The three main types of blood cells are:
- Red Blood Cells (RBC) Red blood cells contain a complex protein called hemoglobin. It carries oxygen to the body’s organs and tissues from the lungs.
- White Blood Cells (WBC) White blood cells also called leukocytes that help to protect the body against infections and foreign invaders, thus an important part of our immune system. These cells are originated from bone marrow but circulate throughout the bloodstream.
- Platelets (PLTs) Platelets are the smallest blood cells that help the blood to clot during bleeding.
Hemoglobin and Hematocrit are other two important substances in the blood. Hemoglobin is a complex protein found in red blood cells. It carries oxygen to the body’s organs and tissues from the lungs. It also transports carbon dioxide from the body back to the lungs. Hematocrit is the percentage of red blood cells found in the whole blood.
Why the Hemogram test is advised?
This test is performed as part of a routine check-up to monitor the overall health of an individual. Your doctor may ask you to perform this test to diagnose or to screen for diseases and conditions such as anemia, infections, cancer, or any bleeding disorder.
This test is also recommended by your doctor if you experience any signs or symptoms such as weakness, fatigue, shortness of breath, headache, dizziness, pale skin, cold hands, and feet, etc. These are some of the common signs and symptoms which may be associated with anemia or polycythemia.
You may be advised to undergo this test if you are pregnant, have a family history of anemia, are suffering from an infection, have had blood loss after surgery, are suffering from heavy and prolonged menstrual bleeding, etc. This test is also performed to monitor the treatment response in individuals receiving treatment for diseases or conditions that affect blood cells.
CBC/Hemogram test includes;
- Red blood cells (RBC)
- White blood cells (WBC)
- Platelets (PLTs)
- Hemoglobin (Hb)
- Hematocrit (Hct)
- Overnight fasting is not required
- Doctor’s prescription may be needed
- The test result may vary depending on family & health history, etc.
- If you have a family history of blood disorders or conditions that affect blood cells, your doctor may ask you to perform this test on a 6-monthly basis or a yearly basis
- Anemic patients should perform this test regularly, as instructed by the doctor
- Home visit service facility available only for total test cost of above ₹999.00
Also known as, CBC Automated Blood, Complete Blood Picture Automated Blood, Complete Count, Complete Picture,
Checkout for Any Offers & Discount Coupons
Speak or WhatsApp 919766060629
Read our Article On Complete Blood Count
Watch On YouTube