Hb Electrophoresis TestServe Only in Pune!
You save 6%
Offer from Sunday 31st May to Monday 31st March
Hb Electrophoresis Test
Hb electrophoresis test helps detect various types of Haemoglobin in the blood. Haemoglobin is a substance in red blood cells that carries oxygen.
Note: Read test details, FAQs and test conditions before proceeding to booking.
Available!🔥23 others viewing this lab test!
Hb Electrophoresis Test (Hemoglobin Electrophoresis Test)
What is electrophoresis?
Electrophoresis simply put is a separation technique used in clinical and research laboratories to separate molecules according to their size and electrical charge in a fluid or gel under the influence of an electric field.
What is Hb electrophoresis?
Haemoglobin electrophoresis test helps detect various types of Haemoglobin in the blood. Haemoglobin is a substance in red blood cells that carries oxygen. It comes in many normal and abnormal forms. Haemoglobin electrophoresis uses the principle of gel electrophoresis to separate out various types of Haemoglobin.
Production of too much of an abnormal type of haemoglobin leads to blood disorders. Haemoglobin electrophoresis test detects the deficiency of normal Haemoglobin, abnormal levels of Haemoglobin S (Hbs) associated with sickle cell anaemia and abnormal Haemoglobin levels of Haemoglobin C associated with haemolytic anaemia.
Why to take the Hb Electrophoresis test?
Hemoglobin electrophoresis analyses the various kinds of oxygen-carrying protein (Haemoglobin) in the blood. This test is ordered to detect any diseases involving abnormal Haemoglobin production, such as sickle cell diseases and thalassemia. Reasons your doctor may want you to do a hemoglobin electrophoresis test include;
- As part of a routine checkup: Your doctor may have your hemoglobin tested to follow up on a complete blood test during a routine physical.
- To diagnose blood disorders: Your doctor may have you do a hemoglobin electrophoresis test if you’re showing symptoms of anemia. The test will help them find any abnormal types of hemoglobin in your blood. These could be a sign of disorders including sickle cell anemia, thalassemia, polycythemia vera.
- To monitor treatment: If you’re being treated for a condition that causes abnormal types of hemoglobin, your doctor will monitor your levels of the different hemoglobin with hemoglobin electrophoresis.
- To screen for genetic conditions: People who have a family history of inherited anemias such as thalassemia or sickle cell anemia may choose to screen for these genetic disorders before having children. Hemoglobin electrophoresis will show if there are any abnormal types of hemoglobin caused by genetic disorders. Newborns are also routinely screened for these genetic hemoglobin disorders. Your doctor may also want to test your child if you have a family history of abnormal hemoglobin or they have anemia that’s not caused by an iron deficiency.
What preparations are needed for the Hb electrophoresis test?
No Fasting Required. No other special preparations are required.
Hb electrophoresis test conditions
- Overnight fasting is not required
- Doctor’s prescription may be needed
- The normal references range may vary depending on gender, age, health history, etc.
- Home visit facility available only for total test amount above ₹999.00
Also known as, Thalassemia test, Thalassemia blood test, Electrophoresis Hb test, Electrophoresis Hb, Thalassemia Electrophoresis,
Checkout for Any Offers & Discount Coupons
Speak or WhatsApp 919766060629
Read our Article On HB Electrophoresis
Watch On YouTube
You may also like…
Anemia Test Profile 1
You save 6%
Offer from Wednesday 31st March to Friday 31st March Select options
You save 9%
Offer from Sunday 28th February to Monday 31st March Select options
Advanced Anemia Profile Test
You save 5%
Offer from Wednesday 31st March to Saturday 1st April Select options