Last updated on October 20th, 2022 at 08:02 am
A high protein diet is one of the most effective ways to lose weight and build muscle mass. You may wonder if following a high protein diet is right for you. We’ll help you decide!
What is a high protein diet?
Whether you are trying to gain muscle or trying to lose fat, or are a newbie to the world of health and fitness, everybody must have advised you to load up on protein. Often called the building blocks of life, protein also helps facilitate weight loss, since it takes a while for protein to break down and digest. It stays in your system for a longer time, making you feel satiated. If you are feeling full, you are less likely to binge. Protein also helps regulate the hunger hormone ghrelin, which helps keep a check on cravings.
But a lot of us, to lose weight, do not understand how to follow a high-protein diet and end up committing mistakes that may prove detrimental to our long-term plans.
High protein diet plan for weight loss
Many people adopt a high-protein diet to lose weight. High-protein diets can help you lose weight and improve your overall health. Following points will explain how and provide a high-protein diet plan to get started.
- Be careful of the protein you are taking: While it is a good weight loss strategy to switch to a high protein diet, but be sure of the protein you include in your diet. Opt for lean sources of protein like chicken and fish, they are much less fatty than their red counterparts in lamb and pork. Try to steer clear of bacon as much as possible. Studies have claimed that fried bacon is a rich source of saturated fats.
- Make sure your protein intake is spread well throughout the day: Plan your day well, and make sure you include protein across all your meals, be it breakfast, lunch or dinner. Have protein-rich snacks like boiled eggs, nuts and protein shakes too of the day, to ensure a steady inflow of amino acids.
- Eliminating carbs completely from your diet: Eliminating carbohydrates or any other macronutrient from your diet may prove detrimental to your health. Carbohydrates are essential for energy. Your body needs a mix of many nutrients and proteins alone cannot cater to all of them. Make sure your meals are a balanced mix of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats.
- Not exercising portion control: To assume that high-protein foods do not contribute to weight gain is the wrong way to approach a sustainable weight loss strategy. Excess of anything is harmful. Protein helps induce satiety, which prevents you from bingeing on other fattening foods at brief intervals. But if you keep eating high-protein foods in excess, it would definitely lead to a calorie overload. For weight loss, you need to create a calorie deficit. Extra calories accumulate as fat.
- Not having enough water: Staying hydrated is a very important component of a weight-loss diet. Water helps fill you up and prevent unwanted cravings. If you are on a high protein diet, the excess nitrogen excreted during the digestion of amino acids could make you feel thirsty. Therefore, you must drink water from time to time. Many people on a high protein diet also often complain about constipation. Drinking enough water helps soften stool and facilitate better bowel movement and digestion.
Keep these pointers in mind and lose weight naturally!
Learn About: Right To Health And Healthcare
©healthcare nt sickcare and healthcarentsickcare.com, 2017-Till Date. Unauthorised use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full credit is given to healthcare nt sickcare and healthcarentsickcare.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.