Last updated on October 20th, 2022 at 07:42 am
You may have heard about face masks before, but they actually work? Find out how to use face mask effectively to keep yourself protected, healthy and good!
Did you know it is not important to wear a face mask all the time? Did you know face masks cannot help in preventing coronavirus? In fact, constantly wearing a face mask increases the probability of you touching your face again and again, and this may increase chances of catching the deadly COVID-19. According to the World Health Organization, if you are healthy, you only need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with suspected COVID-19 infection. Also, if you have a cough and are sneezing, then you should wear a mask.
How to Use Face Mask?
Quick Jump Table
“Masks are effective for coronavirus prevention only when used in combination with frequent hand-cleaning with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water. If you wear a mask, then you must know how to use it and dispose of it properly,” mentions the WHO website. It is also advisable to use hand made mask whenever you step out. Here is the link for DIY hand made mask.
Some tips to follow when wearing a mask
- Before putting on a mask, clean hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- Cover mouth and nose with mask and make sure there are no gaps between your face and the mask.
- Avoid touching the mask while using it; if you do, clean your hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- Replace the mask with a new one as soon as it is damp and do not re-use single-use masks.
- To remove the mask: remove it from behind (do not touch the front of the mask); discard immediately in a closed bin; clean hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- Discard single-use face masks properly and wash your hands thereafter
With the current outbreak, it is important for people to get their facts right about the novel coronavirus. A lot of information and misinformation is currently doing the rounds, and it is crucial for everyone to get access to the right verified information, which is backed by facts about COVID-19 that have been gathered so far. Panic buying of face masks can be a deterrent to controlling the coronavirus pandemic.
Learn about allergy
Doctors recommend using face mask only when
- You are likely to come in contact with someone who is infected
- You are using public transport
- You are experiencing symptoms like cough, fever and difficulty in breathing
If you have been experiencing symptoms or have been tested positive for COVID-19, then wearing masks will help protect others. It is important to know that masks are very crucial for health care workers who are looking after coronavirus patients.
There is no scientific evidence to support that face masks can help in preventing an infection. In fact, taking off a mask and wearing it again makes one touch face multiple times in a day. Stocking up face masks without accurate knowledge of coronavirus infection can be dangerous for the country. Masks cannot help in protecting the public from catching coronavirus.
The key is to get your facts right. Speak to doctors for better clarification about prevention steps for COVID-19. Stay indoors and stay safe with everyone at home! Take good care of elders in your family.
Read about Herd immunity
Learn about electrocardiogram
©healthcare nt sickcare and healthcarentsickcare.com, 2017-Till Date. Unauthorised use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full credit is given to healthcare nt sickcare and healthcarentsickcare.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.