Vitamin A Test (All-Trans Retinol)Serve Only in Pune!
You save 10%
Offer from Friday 30th September to Saturday 1st October
Vitamin A Serum Test (All-Trans Retinol)
Vitamin A Test may be done periodically when a person has a disease that is associated with malabsorption of nutrients to monitor vitamin A status.
Note: Please read the test details and FAQs before proceeding with online booking.
Available!🔥17 others viewing this lab test!
Vitamin A Test (All-Trans Retinol)
Vitamin A, also known as Retinol, is an essential nutrient for healthy skin, healthy eyes and vision, bone growth, immune function, and embryonic development. Vitamin A is present in the liver, dairy products, fish liver oils, dark green and yellow-orange vegetables, and in fruits. Too much vitamin A may cause symptoms that include itchy skin, headache, and hair loss.
The signs and symptoms of vitamin A deficiency
- Night blindness
- Dry eyes, skin, and hair
- Ulcers and damage to the cornea, the outermost layer of the front of the eye that
- covers the iris and pupil
- Skin thickening and lesions
- Grayish spots on eye lining (Bitot spots)
- Repeated infections
The signs and symptoms that suggest vitamin A toxicity
- Nausea and vomiting
- Double or blurred vision
- Muscle pain
- Bone and joint pain
- Weight loss
- Hair loss
- Mucous membrane dryness
- Liver dysfunction
- Cracks (fissures) at the corners of the mouth
- Inflammation of the tongue (glossitis)
Vitamin A Test may be done periodically when a person has a disease that is associated with malabsorption of nutrients to monitor vitamin A status and ensure that the person is getting sufficient vitamin A. Some diseases associated with inadequate vitamin A absorption include;
- Celiac disease
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Crohn’s disease, a type of inflammatory bowel disease
Vitamin A Test Includes
- Vitamin A Serum Test (All-Trans Retinol)
Vitamin A Test Conditions
- 10-12hrs overnight fasting, not required
- A doctor’s prescription may be needed
- The normal test results may vary depending on gender, age, health history, etc.
- Inform your doctor if you’ve been taking medicines or drugs, and he might ask you to stop. Certain medications can interact with your Vitamin A Test result. Talk to your doctor.
- Home visit service facility available only for total test cost of above ₹999