Sugar Profile TestServe Only in Pune!
You save 29%
Offer from Wednesday 31st August to Thursday 1st September
Sugar Profile Test
It is a blood test used by doctors to diagnose diabetes. In diabetic patients, it is a routine test.
Note: Please read the test details and FAQs before proceeding with online booking.
Available!🔥20 others viewing this lab test!
Sugar Profile Test
A sugar profile test or blood glucose profile test measures the sugar or glucose level in the blood. It is a blood test used by doctors to diagnose diabetes. In diabetic patients, it is a routine test done after at regular intervals. Usually, health checkups also include sugar tests.
Sugar Profile Test Includes
- Blood Sugar Fasting Test
- HbA1c Test (3 Months’ glucose monitoring test)
Why Sugar Profile Test Advised?
Doctors use the sugar profile test to diagnose the condition of diabetes or prediabetes. For diabetic patients, the test helps in monitoring the glucose level. Glucose is a primary source of energy, but abnormal glucose levels in the blood can have harmful effects on the body.
The purpose of sugar profile tests is to determine the sugar levels in the blood. Knowing your blood sugar level helps you adjust the diet, start medication, and manage the sugar level. It helps you prevent the symptoms of high and low blood sugar levels. A doctor may ask for the sugar profile test during:
- Symptoms of diabetes
- General checkup
- Pre and post a surgery
- Treatment planning
Sugar Profile Test conditions
- 10-12hrs overnight fasting is advised
- A doctor’s prescription may be needed
- The normal test results may vary depending on gender, age, health history, etc.
- Inform your doctor if you’ve been taking medicines or drugs, and he might ask you to stop. Certain medications can interact with your sugar profile test result. Talk to your doctor.
- Home visit service facility available only for total test cost of above ₹999