Obesity Profile Test
Obesity Profile Test Package
This obesity profile test package screens for underlying medical conditions associated with obesity. Anyone with recent weight gain, metabolic issues and high BMI are recommended to take this test and review with a physician.
Note: Read test details, FAQs and test conditions before proceeding to booking.
Obesity Profile Test Package
What is an obesity profile test package?
Obesity Profile Test? One of the most common lifestyle diseases, obesity, occurs because of prolonged consumption of high calories foods that are rich in fats and sugars and having a sedentary lifestyle. In the last few years, the consumption of packaged foods and sugary drinks has gone up exponentially and has resulted in obesity in not only adults but children as well.
People with obesity are more likely to develop several health problems like heart diseases, including stroke, high cholesterol, type-2 diabetes, fatty liver diseases, kidney diseases, and even certain types of cancers. This is where an obesity test comes in. This test screens and diagnose the existence of obesity and classifying its degree in an individual. With the advancements in telemedicine and diagnostics, an obesity test is one of the most commonly done lab tests at home.
Which tests are included in an obesity profile test?
Obesity Profile Test
An obesity profile test includes calculating your BMI online,
- Glucose-Fasting Blood (FBS): It measures blood glucose levels to screen for pre-diabetes or diabetes.
- Glycosylated Haemoglobin: The hba1c test to evaluate the blood glucose levels in the last 2-3 months to assess predisposition to diabetes and risk factors for diabetics.
- Insulin Fasting: This is done to assess the levels of insulin in people diagnosed with diabetes, PCOD/PCOS, etc.
- Lipid Profile: This test checks for risk of high cholesterol levels and heart diseases.
- Thyroid Hormone: This test screens and diagnoses thyroid disorders.
- Cortisol: This test screens and diagnoses the risk of diseases like Addison and Cushing disease.
- Testosterone Total: this test to check for fertility, menstrual issues, etc.
- Kidney function test: this test to assess the functioning of the kidneys and screen for their diseases.
- Liver function test: this test to screen and diagnose liver diseases.
- Vitamin profile 1: vitamin screening to check for the levels of Vitamin D and B12 in your blood.
Why do I need to get an obesity profile test done?
There are several reasons an obesity profile test is recommended. An obesity profile test measures the level of unhealthy weight that you may carry and the medical reasons behind them. Getting an obesity test done regularly helps assess your susceptibility to heart diseases, diabetes, etc., and seeking early treatment for them.
If you are already undergoing a treatment or management plan for obesity, the obesity profile tests help in checking the efficacy of the treatment, and if corrective action is required. An early diagnosis of risk factors or diseases through an obesity test helps you in seeking an early treatment that helps in avoiding the ever-increasing medical costs. Since you can manage your obesity condition well, you can live a productive and stress-free life.
When do I need to get an obesity profile test?
While it is recommended to get an obesity test done annually, your doctor may advise it if she/he sees the obvious physical symptoms of obesity in you. Other situations when it is required are;
- Your BMI is over 30 when the waist measurement is higher than 35 inches (women) and 40 inches (men).
- You have a family history of obesity.
- When you are over 60 years.
- You are pregnant.
- You suffer from hormonal disorders like thyroid.
- Your lifestyle choices do not include a healthy diet or exercise.
Any special preparations required for the obesity profile test package?
Since it is a simple blood test, not much preparation goes into an obesity test. But you should keep in mind these pointers;
Obesity profile test conditions;
- 10-12hrs overnight fasting may require
- Doctor’s prescription may need
- The normal test results may vary depending on gender, age, health history, etc.
- Inform your doctor if you’ve been taking medicines or drugs, after which, he might ask you to stop. Certain medications can interact with your basic health check up test result. Talk to your doctor.
- Home visit service facility available only for total test cost of above ₹999.00
Since it is a simple blood test, there are few side effects. However: Some people may feel fatigued or light-headed, though this is rare. Travelling for an obesity blood test to a crowded clinic or lab may increase the risk of infections for the elderly and those with immunity disorders.
Also known as, obesity profile test, what blood test for obesity, obesity profile blood test, obesity profile test, obesity profile blood test, obesity test profile, obesity test package, obesity profile blood test
Checkout for Any Offers & Discount Coupons
Speak or WhatsApp 919766060629
Read our article on why is preventive health checkup required?
Watch On YouTube