Mumps IgG TestServe Only in Pune!
You save 13%
Offer from Friday 30th April to Monday 31st March
Mumps IgG Test
Measles, also called rubeola, is a virus that infects cells in the lungs and the back of the throat. The Mumps IgG test helps detect antibodies against the virus.
Note: Read test details, FAQs and test conditions before proceeding to booking.
Available!🔥28 others viewing this lab test!
Mumps IgG Test
The mumps IgG test helps detect antibodies against the virus.
Mumps IgG antibody test
Measles, also called rubeola, is a virus that infects cells in the lungs and the back of the throat. It is an extremely contagious viral infection that is easily spread through coughing and sneezing or touching a surface contaminated with the virus and then touching your mouth, nose or eyes.
According to the CDC, the measles virus can live for up to two hours in the air where an infected person coughed or sneezed. Infected individuals are contagious for a couple of days before the symptoms appear.
What is mumps?
Mumps are usually gained during childhood, triggered by the mumps virus. It is contagious and spreads through saliva or by being with a person who has it. It can infect many parts of the body, especially the parotid salivary glands, which are found near the jaw line below the ears. When a person gets infected with mumps, these glands typically have inflammation and become very painful.
There is no found treatment for mumps so far. The only way to prevent it is by administrating the MMRV (measles-mumps-rubella plus varicella (chicken-pox)) vaccine during childhood, which would give immunity to the disease.
Why mumps IgG test advised?
- When you have signs and symptoms or complications that may be because of the measles or mumps infection;
- when it is necessary or desired to determine measles or mumps immunity;
- when an outbreak is occurring to track the spread of measles or mumps in the community and prevent spread to others
Common symptoms observed to advise for mumps are;
- Mumps causes
- Muscle aches
- Loss of appetite
Occasional severe cases have worse case scenarios, like
- Swelling of the parotid gland giving “chipmunk cheeks”
- Swelling of the brain, spinal cord, testicles, breasts, or ovaries
- Pregnancy loss
- Rarely death
Any special preparations required for the mumps IgG test?
No Fasting Required for the mumps IgG test. No other special preparations are required for the mumps IgG test.
Mumps IgG Test
- Overnight fasting is not required
- Doctor’s prescription required
- Previous Medical History May Be Required
- Inform your doctor before the test if you are on medications
Also known as mumps antibody test, mumps igg level, mumps igg blood test, mumps igg antibody test, mumps antibody blood test, igg test for mumps, mumps igg test
Checkout for Any Offers & Discount Coupons
Speak or WhatsApp 919766060629
Read Our Article On Mumps Infection