Immunoglobulin Panel Test
Immunoglobulin Panel Test (IgG, IgA and IgM)
Immunoglobulin panel test measures the levels of certain immunoglobulins or antibodies in the blood. IgA, IgM and IgG are often measured together or separately.
Note: Read test details, FAQs and conditions before proceeding to the book.
Immunoglobulin panel test measures the levels of certain immunoglobulins or antibodies in the blood. IgA, IgM and IgG are often measured together. This test is used to determine and monitor immune deficiencies and also evaluate risks of auto- immune diseases like lupus, celiac disease, etc.
Immunoglobulin Panel Test (IgG,IgA,IgM)
Immunoglobulins are a type of antibodies in our body. Antibodies are proteins synthesised by the immune system and meant to fight bacteria, viruses, and other germs. IgG antibodies are the most common antibodies present in our blood and body fluids. IgA antibodies are present in the mucous membranes and in mucous secretion like tears, saliva, sweat, etc. IgM antibodies are made in our body when we first contract a new infection from a bacterium or virus. IgE and IgD are other immunoglobulins.
What is an Immunoglobulin Panel (IgG, IgA, IgM) Test?
The immunoglobulins panel (IgG, IgA, IgM) test measures the level of immunoglobulins A, G, and M in the blood. Your doctor can prescribe this test for detecting infections, autoimmune disorders, etc.
What parameters measured in Immunoglobulins panel test?
The parameters include the levels of Immunoglobulins A, G, and M in the blood. You do not have to select the immunoglobulin test type while booking.
Immunoglobulin Panel Test Conditions
- 10-12hrs overnight fasting is NOT advised
- A doctor’s prescription may be needed
- The normal test results may vary depending on gender, age, health history, etc.
- Inform your doctor if you’ve been taking medicines or drugs, and he might ask you to stop. Certain medications can interact with your immunoglobulin panel test result. Talk to your doctor.
- Home visit service facility available only for total test cost of above ₹999