Last updated on October 20th, 2022 at 07:53 am
The COVID-19 pandemic has been a part of our daily lives since March 2020. it remains as important as ever to stay vigilant and know how to protect yourself from coronavirus. The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. As the vaccines continue their rollout, here are the simple steps you can take to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and protect yourself and others.
How to protect from Coronavirus?
Quick Jump Table
COVID-19 is an infectious disease caused by a new strain in coronavirus. It spreads through contact with droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes. Coronavirus causes respiratory illness such as fever, coughing, and difficulty breathing. It also affects the heart, kidneys, and liver.
Coronavirus has spread across the world and infected lakhs of people. Learn what you should do to protect yourself from this deadly virus.
How to Protect from Coronavirus from Home?
For all those who are continuing to work from home, practice social distancing, and hand and face hygiene practices. Do not step out of your home unless emergency. Order your all essentials online at home and ensure delivery of those items with proper hygiene. If you have experienced any symptoms or if you rise with any concern, consult your family doctor over phone or video calls. You can also do online doctor consultation platforms.
Keep Essential Medical Devices At Home
Here what all you need to keep at home to combat any viral infections or cOVID-19;
- A handheld (gun) or digital thermometer
- A digital oximeter
- A steamer
- Paracetamol tablets
- Tissues and paper towels
- Hand wash liquids
Stay Positive and Keep your Routine
While most of us are expected to be indoors and working from home, stay positive is challenging. Follow these basic practices and keep your regular life routines up.
- Check news from trusted sources and never follow unnecessary WhatsApp forwarding and YouTube videos
- Keep virtually connected with your family members and friends
- Eat more vegetables and seasonal fruits
- Limit watching covid-19 news and updates
- Do not panic if you catch a cold, mild fever, headaches or coughs.
- Say no to alcohol and tobaccos
- Avoid fatty foods
- Drink plenty of mild hot water
- Do hot water gargling
Routine, Routine and Routine. Keep your routine uninterrupted.
How to Protect from COVID-19 at Work?
Covid-19 pandemic changed the way we live, work and travel. This will continue to be our new way of living in at least some years to come. Since lockdown and restrictions are relaxed, we need to move relaxed, back to our offices and work. In the light of this, all the employees and employers should follow some necessary precautions to stop spread the coronavirus infections among them and to others. Besides strict sanitization, keeping physical distance and always wearing mask, steps to ensure greater mental health of the workforce should be ensured.
- Always wear a mask and keep additional pairs of masks in your bag. You can use handmade cloths mask if you are keeping continues physical distance from others. Never remove your mask and wear it all the time.
- Wear disposable gloves if possible
- Cover your nose and mouth properly and only remove your mask from behind if you need to.
- Dispose your mask only in separate dust bins provided and hand wash immediately
- Do regular hand washing
- Drink plenty of water. Mild hot water if available.
Most of the organizations and offices follow government guidelines, all employees should follow it in a stringently. Once you get back from work to home, remember to do the following;
- Feel relaxed and blessed having a safe day at work. Spend time with your family as regular and keep you refreshed.
- Shower immediately after reaching home and wash your clothes immediately.
- Do not touch anywhere at your home or do not remove your mask until you go to shower.
- Sanitize your shoes, bags, ID badge, watch, mobile phone, wallets, keys immediately after reaching home and keep it separately for some time.
- Do hot water gargling
Learn about hormonal imbalance test
Early Symptoms of Coronavirus Infection
As per WHO, the most common symptoms of Covid-19 are;
- Dry Cough
The CDC of US added 6 additional symptoms of Covid-19, those are;
- Repeated shivering
- Muscle pain
- Loss of taste and smells
- Sore throat
Note, the CDC is adding more symptoms to the list of warning signs of covid-19 infections.
- Difficulty in breathing
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- Bluish face and lips
- Confusions and inability to arouse
- Congestion or runny nose
If you are continuously experiencing any of the above symptoms, consult with your family doctor and do a RT-PCR test for Covid-19. If any delay in getting Covid RT-PCR test report then additionally do Rapid Antigen Test For Covid-19.
Treat Mild Symptoms at Home
- Take doctor prescribed medicines and cough syrups
- Treat sore throat with hot water gargling
- Drink lemon and honey water for sore throat
- Use humidifier
- Hot water bath and breath in hot water steam while bath
- Have fresh cooked light meals. Include plenty of vegetables and vegetable soups
- Hydrate and keep hydrated. Drink minimum 3-5lts of mild hot water a day.
- Take rest and move around in your isolated room. Never go out.
- Do regular body exercise in a small way
- Keep wearing a mask and gloves. Always replace it.
- Wash your clothes, bedsheets, towels, in hot water daily and separately.
Do the following blood test if you have mild symptoms;
You May Also Interest To Read; HIV Screening Test.
©healthcare nt sickcare and healthcarentsickcare.com, 2017-Till Date. Unauthorised use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full credit is given to healthcare nt sickcare and healthcarentsickcare.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.