Hepatitis B Profile TestServe Only in Pune!
You save 8%
Offer from Friday 30th September to Saturday 1st October
Hepatitis B Profile Test
A Hepatitis B Profile Test, also known as the HBV profile test, is a blood test that determines whether there is an active hepatitis B infection.
Note: Please read the test details and FAQs before proceeding with online booking.
Available!🔥20 others viewing this lab test!
Hepatitis B Profile Test
A Hepatitis B Profile Test, also known as the HBV profile test, is a blood test that determines whether there is an active hepatitis B infection. It may also detect if there was an infection in the past. Hepatitis is a condition characterized by the inflammation and enlargement of the liver. HBV is usually spread by coming in contact with the blood of an infected person. The HBV infections have a varying course range lasting from a mild form that lasts only a few weeks to chronic form, which may last years. The HBV infection may be acute or chronic.
Hepatitis B Profile Test Includes
- Hepatitis B Envelope Antigen (HBeAg)
- Hepatitis B Surface Antigen (HBsAg) (Quantitative)
- Anti Hepatitis B Envelope Antibody (AHBe) -Total
- Anti-Hepatitis B Surface antibodies (Anti-HBs titre)
- Anti Hepatitis B Core Antibody (AHBC) – IGM
Why is Hepatitis B Profile Test advised?
The Hepatitis B Profile Test is used for various reasons. It may determine the following, To check whether acute symptoms are because of HBV infection For diagnosing chronic HBV hepatitis To monitor chronic condition of hepatitis B infection and effectiveness of treatment To identify previous exposure to hepatitis B infection To determine if a person is a carrier of the infection during blood transfusion.
The HBV test detects the level of HBe antigen and antibody and HBV DNA. If HBsAg becomes negative and anti-HBe becomes positive, this shows that treatment is effective. A high result of HBV DNA shows that the virus is actively replicating, and the treatment is not effective.
Hepatitis B Profile Test Conditions
- 10-12hrs overnight fasting is NOT advised
- A doctor’s prescription may be needed
- The normal test results may vary depending on gender, age, health history, etc.
- Inform your doctor if you’ve been taking medicines or drugs, and he might ask you to stop. Certain medications can interact with your Hepatitis B Profile Test result. Talk to your doctor.
- Home visit service facility available only for total test cost of above ₹999