Last updated on October 20th, 2022 at 07:43 am
Lemons are loaded with vitamin C. It can help you boost immunity. Here are some other health benefits of lemon or adding lemons to your diet.
The Health Benefits of Lemon for our Body
Quick Jump Table
Lemon, an excellent source of vitamin C, also contains various other beneficial properties. Lemons are commonly used to prepare drinks. It can also add a tangy flavour to fresh foods. Vitamin C is extremely important for your health. It is important to boost immunity. Lemons are loaded with vitamin C therefore, it should be an essential part of your immunity-boosting diet. Lemon also contains potassium and magnesium. Many start their day with a glass of lemon water, which is also loaded with multiple benefits, including weight loss. Here are some health benefits from lemons, other than being a substantial source of vitamin C.
Lemon can offer you these many Health Benefits
Lemon health benefits – Lemons are loaded with vitamin C. It can help you boost immunity. Here are some other health benefits of adding lemons to your diet.
Health Benefits Of Lemon: What’s So Special About Lemon?
Lemons are a citrus fruit that has been used for their medicinal properties since the time of Ancient Greece. The lemon has a wide range of benefits, including being a powerful antioxidant, providing relief from cold and flu symptoms, aiding in weight loss, and improving digestion.
- Vitamin C – Lemon is Amazing Source Of Vitamin C
- Promotes digestion – Lemon can help you solve digestive issues. It contains fibre as well. Drinking lemon water, especially as first thing in the morning, can help you prevent digestive issues throughout the day. It can also help prevent constipation.
- Keeps you hydrated – Lemon water can help you prevent dehydration. Simply add some lemon to water and drink it any time of the day. It will ensure enough optimum vitamin C intake and keep you hydrated.
- Aids in weight loss – Lemon drink can help in weight loss. Take one glass of warm water and squeeze half a lemon into it. Add some honey for taste. Drink this every morning on an empty stomach. It will boost metabolism and also reduce appetite and aid in weight loss.
- Prevents kidney stones – Kidney stone is a very painful condition. According to researches consumption of lemon juice can help you prevent kidney stones. Proper hydration is the best way to prevent kidney stones. Drinking lemon water can help you stay hydrated.
- Helps control the risk of anemia – Vitamin C helps in the absorption of iron from the diet consumed. Iron is necessary for the production of red blood cells. Better absorption of iron results in reduced risk of anemia.
Health Benefits of Drinking Lemon Water in the Morning
Lemon water is like the fitness potion every nutritionist and dietician swears by. Everyone is well aware of its benefits for weight loss, but lemon water has many other health benefits to offer. To take advantage of these benefits, all you need to do is prepare a tall glass of lemon water by combining some lemon juice with warm water and drink it every morning on an empty stomach. Here we shall give you a whole range of good reasons. You should make lemon water your ‘good morning drink.’
Drinking lemon water every morning can give you these 7 health benefits,
- Weight loss – Every nutritionist recommends a glassful of lemon water every morning as it speeds up the weight loss process. This drink improves digestion by getting your digestive system running in the morning. Lemon flushes out the toxins from the body.
- Hydration – Lemon water is a great way to add more water to your daily intake. Adding lemon to warm water enhances its flavor, and if you add a teaspoon of honey to it, this drink becomes a good morning treat for your taste buds.
- Benefits for your skin – Vitamin C in lemon water rejuvenates your skin internally and gives it that pretty outer glow. It prevents the early onset of wrinkles. According to a study published in the American Society for Clinical Nutrition, people who consumed food rich in vitamin C had a lower risk of developing wrinkles. Besides this, adding more water to your diet also keeps the skin hydrated and rejuvenated at all times. “Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant with anti-aging properties”
- Fresh breath – The biggest turn off right at the beginning of the day is bad breath, which is because of oral dryness and bacterial growth. Drinking lemon water stimulates the production of saliva in the mouth, which prevents dryness, preventing bad breath. You can also drink lemon water after your meals to eliminate the odors of onion, garlic, and fish.
- Prevents kidney stones – Vitamin C in lemon prevents the formation of calcium kidney stones. The UW Health says that patients can reduce their risk of developing new kidney stones by increasing their intake of citric acid. Half a cup of lemon juice should suffice. “Drinking lemon water prevents the formation of calcium oxalate stones”
- Improved liver function – The liver is your body’s filter and its metabolic kitchen; drinking lemon water improves the liver’s function. It prevents the accumulation of fat in the liver, preventing fatty liver disease. The lemon stimulates the liver to release toxins and nudges it to produce more enzymes.
- It has an alkalizing effect – though lemon juice itself is acidic; it produces alkaline byproducts. Hence, lemon water has an alkalizing effect. Acidic foods cause the body’s pH to become acidic, increasing vulnerability to illness and diseases. Many studies also show that cancers thrive in acidic environments. Hence, acidic foods must be avoided and consuming alkalizing foods has tremendous health benefits.
Read About: Curd Benefits
©healthcare nt sickcare and healthcarentsickcare.com, 2017-Till Date. Unauthorised use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full credit is given to healthcare nt sickcare and healthcarentsickcare.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.