Electrocardiogram (ECG) Test
What is electrocardiogram test?
How the ECG test is performed?
You will be asked to lie down. The ECG technician will attach small patches called electrodes to those areas. It may be necessary to shave or clip some hair so the patches stick to the skin. The number of patches used may vary.
The patches are connected by wires to a machine that turns the heart’s electrical signals into wavy lines, which are often printed on paper. You will need to remain still during the procedure. The technician may also ask you to hold your breath for a few seconds as the test is being done. It is important to be relaxed and warm during an ECG recording because any movement, including shivering, can alter the results.
How to prepare for the ECG test?
Make sure your ECG technician knows about all the medicines you are taking. Some drugs can interfere with test results. Do not exercise or drink cold water immediately before an ECG because these actions may cause false results. Do not wear ornaments or metals in your body before going for ECG testing. Do not hold and keep any electronic gadgets or electrical devices while ECG tested.
Why the ECG test is performed?
- Any damage to the heart
- How fast your heart is beating and whether it is beating normally
- The effects of drugs or devices used to control the heart (such as a pacemaker)
- The size and position of your heart chambers
- If you have chest pain or palpitations
- If you are scheduled for surgery
- If you had heart problems in the past
- If you have a strong history of heart disease in the family
An ECG is often the first test done to determine whether a person has heart disease.
- No special preparations required
- Doctor’s prescription may be needed
- The test reading varies depending on gender, age, health history, etc.
- Home service facility not available for ECG Test
Also known as, ecg test, ecg testing, ecg test service, electrocardiogram test, electrocardiogram ecg test, electrocardiogram, ecg scan, ecg scanning
Checkout for Any Offers & Discount Coupons
Speak or WhatsApp +919766060629
Read our Article On ECG
Watch On YouTube