Diabetic Profile 1 TestServe Only in Pune!
You save 23%
Offer from Friday 30th September to Saturday 1st October
Diabetic Profile 1
Diabetic Profile 1 test is for people suffering from either Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes and taking insulin regularly. This diabetic profile offers 4 blood tests in an overnight fasting state.
Note: Please read the test details and FAQs before proceeding with online booking.
Available!🔥18 others viewing this lab test!
Diabetic Profile 1 Test
Both types of diabetic conditions occur when the blood glucose level rises above the normal range. Under healthy conditions, our pancreas releases a hormone called insulin into the blood that helps carry glucose derived from the food we eat to several of our vital tissues and organs and gives us adequate energy.
- In Type 1 diabetes, the body’s immune system attacks and kills the cells responsible for producing insulin. It, thus, comes under the umbrella of autoimmune diseases, where the cause is genetic in most cases. A person with Type 1 diabetes is incapable of producing insulin. Glucose derived from the food they eat stays in the blood because of the absence of insulin to carry it, and thus, the glucose level rises. Type 1 diabetes can affect people of any age as its autoimmune.
- In Type 2 diabetes, the pancreas continues to produce insulin, but the body becomes resistant to the hormone majorly because of genetics or lifestyle choices. It is the most common type of diabetes that currently affects the human population and shows itself with age. The effect on the body is the same as type 1 diabetes. Blood glucose levels remain high because the body cannot identify or use the secreted insulin.
What is a diabetic profile 1 test?
A diabetic profile 1 is a blood test package that tests not only your blood for hyperglycemia or high blood sugar levels but also includes tests for blood components’ counts or hemogram profile. It also is a test for HbA1c, and insulin fating.
Both Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes can lead to a host of simultaneous diseases, and having the diabetic profile 1 test done helps to keep track of your overall health. In case of any abnormality, a physician can recommend preventive lifestyle changes or medication to keep the associated diseases at bay.
The physicians can also recommend you undergo a specific test based on your medical condition.
Who should get the Diabetic Profile 1 test done?
Diabetic Profile 1 test is for people suffering from either Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes and taking insulin regularly. A few categories of the population also risk developing diabetes and should get the Diabetic Profile 1 test done at regular intervals. They include:
- Anyone of any age experiencing any of the above-stated symptoms
- Anyone older than 45 years of age
- People with family histories of type 1 and 2 diabetes
- Women who had gestational diabetes previously during their pregnancy
- People who already suffer from hypertension or high blood pressure
- Someone who has prediabetes, i.e., high blood sugar levels but not enough to cause diabetes
- People who live sedentary lifestyles and get little physical activity
In diabetes, the body loses its ability to use the energy derived from food adequately. Thus, lack of fuel triggers a body-wide degeneration. Type-1 diabetes can shorten a person’s lifespan if the autoimmune response is triggered early in childhood and kept undetected.
Diabetic Profile 1 Test Includes
- Blood Sugar Fasting Test
- HbA1c Test (3 Months’ glucose monitoring test)
- Insulin Fasting
- Complete Blood Count
Diabetic Profile 1 Test conditions
- 10-12hrs overnight fasting is advised
- A doctor’s prescription may be needed
- The normal test results may vary depending on gender, age, health history, etc.
- Inform your doctor if you’ve been taking medicines or drugs, and he might ask you to stop. Certain medications can interact with your Diabetic Profile 1 Test result. Talk to your doctor.
- Home visit service facility available only for total test cost of above ₹999
Q & A
You may also like…
Routine Urine Test
You save 25%
Offer from Wednesday 31st March to Wednesday 30th April Select options
You save 17%
Offer from Sunday 31st May to Monday 31st March Select options
Urine Microalbumin Test
You save 13%
Offer from Monday 31st May to Monday 31st March Select options