C-Reactive Protein Quantitative Test
CRP Quantitative Blood Test
What is C- Reactive Protein (CRP)?
CRP is a protein produced in the liver. It is released into the bloodstream in response to inflammation due to infections, tissue injury or any other disease conditions. High levels of CRP in the blood indicate injury/inflammation within the body.
Why this CRP test is performed?
This test is used to determine the presence of inflammation in the body. Your doctor may ask to perform this test in case of serious bacterial or fungal infections, bone infection, pelvic inflammatory disease, or if you have inflammatory bowel disease, an autoimmune disorder such as lupus, or any inflammatory disorders such as arthritis, etc.
This test may also be performed to monitor the response in individuals receiving treatment for inflammatory disorders. Sometimes your doctor may advise you to perform this test along with an Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate (ESR) test to detect the presence of inflammation. However, this test is not a general marker for inflammation or infection. Your doctor may ask you to perform other tests along with this test to rule out the exact cause for the inflammation.
How often CRP test is performed?
The individuals who are diagnosed with an inflammatory disorder such as arthritis, an autoimmune disorder, or inflammatory bowel disease may have to perform this test on a regular basis or as instructed by the doctor.
- CRP Test For Any Possible Inflammations
- Advised For Various Diseases, Infections Or Inflammations
- This test does not rule out the exact location or the cause of inflammation.
- Individuals with increased CRP levels are suspected to have a serious bacterial or fungal infection, osteomyelitis (bone infection), an inflammatory bowel disease, cancer, an autoimmune disorder such as lupus, or any inflammatory disorders such as arthritis, etc.
- CRP level could raise if; obesity, pregnancy, use of birth control pills, or hormone replacement therapy.
Serum CRP Test
- Overnight fasting is not required
- Doctor’s prescription may be needed
- The test result may vary depending on gender, age, health history, etc.
- Home visit collection facility is available for test amount above ₹499
Also known as, C Reactive Protein Quantitative, CRP Quantitative, CRP Test, C Protein Test, crp blood test, blood test for crp, crp level test, crp level blood test, crp level blood, crp level in blood, test for crp level
Checkout for Any Offers & Discount Coupons
Speak or WhatsApp +919766060629
Read our Article On C Reactive Protein
Watch On YouTube
Note: This is not the hsCRP Test. Please Speak To Us For hsCRP Test