Chlamydia Test (IgG IgM)Serve Only in Pune!
You save 14%
Offer from Thursday 30th April to Thursday 31st March
Chlamydia Blood Test
Chlamydia Trachomatis Test – IgG and IgM Antibodies
The Chlamydia trachomatis causes a sexually transmitted disease known as chlamydia. The disease is a common STD that can be contracted during anal, oral, or vaginal sex.
Note: Read test details, FAQs and test conditions before proceeding to booking.
Available!🔥18 others viewing this lab test!
The chlamydia trachomatis STD is very common among younger people. It is prevalent mainly between 14-24 years and three times more amongst those aged between 25 to 39. Younger women are more at risk because their cervix is developing and more susceptible to bacteria. When the disease travels to the upper genital tract, it can cause a lot of health problems, which can be serious.
For those diagnosed with the disease, antibiotics play a role in treating and curing the disease. Abstaining from sexual activity for a week can help cure the disease. It is important that sexually active partners get themselves tested (and treated) for the disease.
Irrespective of whether the symptoms are present, screening or testing for the disease can be done as early as 24 hours after being exposed. Incubation times can vary from person-to-person and two weeks after the initial exposure, you can get accurate results. Two weeks’ rest is advised after the treatment so that the bacteria can be cleared from the system.
What is the chlamydia test?
The Chlamydia trachomatis causes a sexually transmitted disease known as chlamydia. The disease is a common STD that can be contracted during anal, oral, or vaginal sex. It can also spread by using and sharing affected sex toys. The CDC estimates approximately 2.86 million are affected by the diseases annually. There are other signs and symptoms of chlamydia, but they rarely show up.
Symptoms occur within 2 to 21 days after being exposed to the STD, so testing is very important.
What are the symptoms of chlamydia trachomatis?
There are different symptoms of the disease that are present in both men and women:
- Burning/itching sensation while urinating
- Pain or swelling on one or both the testicles
- Discharge from the penis
- Bleeding between two periods
- The sensation of pain during sexual intercourse
- Abdominal pain
- Vaginal discharge, which can seem abnormal
- A feeling of burning during urinating
For both sexes, some symptoms of rectal infection, including bleeding and rectal pain.
Chlamydia Test Includes
- Anti Chlamydia Antibody Test IgM: IgM antibodies are mainly found in the lymph fluid and blood and they are the first antibodies that stave off any new infection
- Anti Chlamydia Antibody Test IgG: IgG is another type of antibody found abundantly in the body fluids and they too help protect against viral and bacterial infections
The sample’s results cannot be used as a diagnostic procedure without getting the confirmation of a diagnosis by another established procedure or product.
Chlamydia Test Conditions
- 10-12hrs overnight fasting is NOT advised
- A doctor’s prescription may be needed
- The normal test results may vary depending on gender, age, health history, etc.
- Inform your doctor if you’ve been taking medicines or drugs, and he might ask you to stop. Certain medications can interact with your chlamydia test result. Talk to your doctor.
- Home visit service facility available only for total test cost of above ₹999
You may also like…
STD Profile Test
You save 23%
Offer from Thursday 31st December to Monday 31st March Select options
Advanced STI Test Panel
You save 11%
Offer from Wednesday 31st March to Friday 31st March Select options
HIV p24 Antigen Test
You save 13%
Offer from Wednesday 31st March to Monday 31st March Select options