Cancer Foods to Avoid – Cancer is one of the most prevailing diseases in today’s world. Here are some facts you should know
How food causes cancer?
- Every 1 in 4 deaths is due to cancer.
- Breast cancer is most common in women.
- Lung cancer is currently most common in men.
- 70% of cases are expected to grow in the near future.
- Cancer starts from one single cell turning into a cancerous cell and then this cancerous cell diving itself into many. The basic cause behind this is the mutation of a normal gene.
Cancer Foods to Avoid
Food and cancer
But the cause of cancer is not limited to proliferation. It is also related to our environment, lifestyle and dietary practices. Generally, the substances that are capable of giving birth to cancer are known as Carcinogens. These include chemical agents like smoke, tobacco, asbestos. Consumption of tobacco accounts for more than 50% of all cancers. Carcinogens also include biological agents like viruses, bacteria, UV rays, etc. But the most common and preventable carcinogen is the cancer-causing foods.
- Grilled Red meat, which releases a carcinogen ‘heterocyclic aromatic amines’ when grilled.
- Alcoholic and carbonated beverages.
- Burned or overcooked oils and foods- cooking under less than 240degrees can prevent oil and foods from turning into carcinogenic.
- Canned products- cans are lined with bisphenol-A (BPA) which can cause brain problems.
- Refined sugar- the biggest known food with the carcinogenic effect which increases the risk for all cancers.
- Canned food, aerated drinks, and sugary foods can increase the risk of cancer
What factors can inhibit carcinogenesis?
To answer this to everyone’s shock the most powerful and most forgotten tool is ‘Food’ in the prevention of cancer.
Can carcinogens be prevented?
Yes, our dietary habits play a major role in the prevention of cancer. Below are the 7 foods tips to prevent cancer
- Antioxidants ( Vit A, C, E, mainly) can neutralize and deactivate free radicals and prevent cancer. It includes foods like carrots, garlic, apple, tomato, onion, broccoli, etc.
- Phytochemicals are another powerful range of micronutrients found in mainly all fruits and vegetables, nuts, dairy products, egg yolk, and seafood.
- Cannabis oil is natural prevention found in the cannabis or marijuana plant which helps in cancer prevention as well as cure.
- Sunshine, because it helps to make large amounts of vitamin D3 in your body. And the right amount of fat-soluble vitamin D3 plays a major role in the prevention of cancer.
- Turmeric and curcumin- Few laboratory tests have claimed that turmeric and curcumin can have the ability to prevent cancer.
- Graviola, if consumed regularly prevents various forms of cancer. Its extracts are best known to kill liver and breast cancer cells.
- Fibre also called roughage helps to keep our body clean and healthy. Dietary fibers like berries, oranges, pears, nuts, wholegrain breakfast cereals, or pulses keep breast cancer at the bay by lowering the circulating level of estrogens.
- Consumption of allium vegetables including garlic, onion, and leek, is associated with a reduced risk of colorectal cancer. Colorectal cancer is the cancer of the colon or rectum, located at the digestive tract’s lower end.
- High Fibre Diet Reduce Lung Cancer Risk
Thus, the right choice of food can keep you stay cancer-free. Good food, balanced diet, and seasonal-oriented dietary practices do wonders and are the key to perfect health.
Read About: Full body detox