C Peptide Test
C Peptide Level Test
C peptide test is basically a blood test that assesses the amount of insulin being produced by the body.
Note: Read test details, FAQs and test conditions before proceeding to booking.
C Peptide Test
Peptides are a compound comprising one, or two amino acids linked in a chain. i.e. the carboxyl group of each amino acid is joined to the amino group of the next by a peptide (amide) bond. These chains can be short or long and longer chains of amino acids form the building blocks of protein.
Peptides are found in all the cells and tissues in the body and perform a critical role in most biological processes like, to achieve hemostasis and maintain health. The function of the peptide is determined by its size and amino acid sequence. Some of the major functions of peptides are as follows;
- Peptides act as transporters that allow selective substances to pass into the cell through the cell membrane
- Peptides also aid the digestion process, production of energy and synthesis of the cellular components
- Certain peptide hormones help in glucose and appetite regulation
- Peptides also function as structural elements of the body and contribute to the strength and shape of the bones and muscles
- Peptides are also involved in the movement and protect the internal organs
What is C-Peptide?
The connecting peptide abbreviated to C peptide is a short peptide composed of 31 amino acids. C- Peptide helps in connecting insulin’s A-chain to its B chain in the proinsulin molecule. It is released from the beta cells during cleavage of insulin from proinsulin, i.e. for each molecule of insulin produced there is a c peptide molecule.
C peptide does not influence the production of insulin but, is used as a marker of insulin production, since C Peptide remains in the blood for a longer time than insulin.
What is the C peptide test?
C peptide test is basically a blood test that assesses the amount of insulin being produced by the body. It is primarily used in determining whether a person has been affected with type 1 or type 2 diabetes. This test is also used to determine if a person has insulin resistance.
When you need a C peptide test?
C peptide test is usually given in the following circumstances;
- To determine whether a person has type 1 or type 2 diabetes
- With type 1 diabetes, the c–peptide test is used to determine how much insulin the pancreas still produce
- With type 2 diabetes, the c–peptide test is given to find out how much insulin is naturally produced in the body and how much insulin needs to be administered to the person
- To find out the cause of hypoglycemia
- To diagnose a tumor of the pancreas
- C peptide test is also given when the pancreas is removed.
C Peptide Blood Test
- Overnight fasting is required
- Doctor’s prescription may be needed
- The test result may vary depending on age, sex and health history, etc.
- No special preparation is needed for the C Peptide Test. Inform your doctor if you are on any medications or have any underlying medical conditions or allergies before undergoing the C Peptide Blood Test.
- Home visit service facility available only for total test cost of above ₹999.00
Checkout for Any Offers & Discount Coupons
Speak or WhatsApp 919766060629
Read our Article On C Peptide
Watch On YouTube