Bone Profile Test
Bone Profile Test
Bone profile test measures the levels of calcium, phosphorus, uric acid, magnesium, albumin, alkaline phosphate (ALP) and much more.
Note: Read test details, FAQs and test conditions before proceeding to booking.
Bone Profile Test
Bone Profile Test – Healthy bones and joints are crucial to our mobility and extended youthfulness. A bone profile study helps to keep a check on the health of our bones and joints. This package also tests for important minerals required for healthy bones, which, if found deficient, can be corrected by medications. This package is also advised in case of symptoms of bone diseases like bone pain, etc.
What is the bone profile test?
Bone profile test measures the levels of calcium, phosphorus, uric acid, magnesium, albumin, alkaline phosphate (ALP) and much more. Bone profile test is used for the assessment of bone diseases like osteoporosis, osteopenia, osteomalacia, osteolytic lesions secondary to metastasis, Paget’s disease, etc.
What all causes bone health?
- Osteoporosis – This is a type of bone disease where the bones become weak and brittle. This condition is because of an imbalance between the breakdown and rebuilding of bone tissues. This is mostly disturbed because of hormonal changes or dietary changes. During these changes, the bone may lose some minerals that contribute to its density and strength.
- Osteopenia – This is a condition in which the bone density is decreased.
- Osteomalacia – Osteomalacia is caused because of a deficiency of vitamin D and calcium, which results in softening of bones.
- Osteolytic lesions – Osteolytic lesions are the symptoms of specific diseases like breast cancer, multiple myelomas, etc. Osteolytic lesions are the softened section of the bones.
- Paget’s Disease – Paget’s Disease is a bone disorder in which old bone tissues are gradually replaced by new bone tissues. This may lead to fragile bones.
- Alkaline Phosphatase (ALP) – Alkaline Phosphatase is an enzyme found in various tissues throughout the body. The highest concentrations of alkaline phosphatase are found in bone and liver.
- Calcium – Calcium is useful in building bones and maintaining their health. 99% of calcium in our body is in our bones and teeth.
- Parathyroid disorders – Parathyroid disorders may lead to abnormal levels of calcium in the blood that may lead to brittle bones, kidney stones, tiredness, weakness, etc.
Why bone profile test is performed?
This test may be recommended for you to check your bone health. This test is also recommended if you experience certain symptoms like chronic bone pain, joint pain, deformed bones, bones that are brittle or break easily, weakness, tiredness, muscle weakness, vomiting, dehydration, constipation, nausea, polyuria, release of gastrin, etc. If you had a fracture recently, this test may be performed to assess the strength of your bones.
This test is also recommended to evaluate the effectiveness of the treatment given for any of your bone diseases.
Bone Profile Test List
- Uric acid
- Alkaline phosphate (ALP)
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin B12
- RA Factor
*This is the affordable and comprehensive bone profile blood test
- Overnight fasting is not required
- Doctor’s prescription may be needed
- The test result may vary depending on age, sex and health history, etc.
- No special preparation is needed for the Bone Profile Test. Inform your doctor if you are on any medications or have any underlying medical conditions or allergies before undergoing the Bone Profile Test.
- Home visit service facility available only for total test cost of above ₹999.00
Checkout for Any Offers & Discount Coupons
Speak or WhatsApp 919766060629
Read our Article On Bone Infections
Watch On YouTube