Bile Salt Test
Bile Salt Test Urine
The Bile Salt test is used to detect the level of bile salts in the urine. Bile is a yellow-green fluid that contains water and organic molecules.
Note: Read test details, FAQs and test conditions before proceeding to booking.
Bile Salt Test
The Bile Salt test is used to detect the level of bile salts in the urine. Bile is a yellow-green fluid that contains water and organic molecules, such as cholesterol, bile acids, and bilirubin. In humans, the two major functions of bile are digestion and absorption of fats and elimination of bile salts from the body by secretion into bile. Adult humans produce around 400 to 800 ml of bile daily. The bile is produced by the liver, and the gallbladder holds the bile produced in the liver.
What is bile salt test urine?
Bile Salt test is used to measure the level of bile salts in blood. The test is performed to confirm liver disorder and pruritis in pregnancy. The normal result for Bile Salts is < 10 micromol/L for unisex gender and for all age groups. If the test shows positive, it could be a case of obstructive jaundice.
Urine bile salt test conditions;
- 10-12hrs overnight fasting not required
- Doctor’s prescription may need
- The normal test results may vary depending on gender, age, health history, etc.
- Inform your doctor if you’ve been taking medicines or drugs, after which, he might ask you to stop. Certain medications can interact with your urine bile salt test result. Talk to your doctor.
- Home visit service facility available only for total test cost of above ₹999.00
Also known as, bile salt test in urine, bile salt test in blood, bile salt acid test, bile salt and pigment test, bile salt blood test, bile acid salts blood test, bile salt detection test,
Checkout for Any Offers & Discount Coupons
Speak or WhatsApp 919766060629
Read our article on Liver Diseases.
Watch On YouTube