How to reduce stomach fat to flat stomach? Do you have stubborn belly fat? It’s time to lose those extra pounds! Follow these 8 tips to reduce stomach fat to a flat stomach!
Beer belly is a word that is used to describe a fat tummy that results from excessive consumption of alcoholic drinks. In case of any alcohol drink, the liver burns alcohol instead of fat, which leads to bigger tummies. Basically, if the calorie intake is higher than calorie expenditure, then fat accumulates in the body.
Quick Jump Table
Reduce Stomach Fat to Flat Stomach
Are you looking for ways to reduce stomach fat? These 8 tips will help you achieve your goal!
Now, if you want to turn that beer belly into a flat stomach, then you need to follow these rules:
- Limit carbohydrate consumption: This means you have to cut down on sugar and starch-based foods such as refined flour, aerated drinks and anything that has sugar in it. Follow a strict diet that focuses on a limited amount of whole grains. Avoid simple carbohydrates, which spike blood sugar levels and aid in fat accumulation. Reduce your portion sizes to decrease your overall calorie consumption.
- Eat fiber: Increase fiber consumption as fiber is beneficial for losing fat. It helps in you feeling fuller and thus, eat less. Fiber also reduces the chances of various life-threatening diseases such as cardiovascular diseases, diabetes and bad cholesterol levels in the body. Eat foods that are rich in fiber such as beans, lentils and broccoli.
- Weight training: Weight training helps in losing body fat by increasing muscle mass in the body. Muscle burns calories at rest, so more muscle means more calorie burnt. Weight training also increases your metabolism, which means your overall calorie expenditure will increase significantly. If you don’t have access to a gym, then combine bodyweight exercises such as pushups, squats, and pull-ups in a circuit. A sample workout circuit would be 20 push up, 20 squats and 5 pull ups one after the other. Rest for a minute and then repeat the circuit 5 times.
- Cardio: Cardio is very important in losing fat from all over your body. Opt for HIIT (high intensity interval training) instead of steady state cardio like jogging at the same pace over a period. Too much steady state cardio increases cortisol levels in the body, leading to muscle loss. Instead, focus on HIIT, which means you do an exercise at full throttle for a short period such as 30 seconds. Rest for 20 seconds and then to another exercise for 30 seconds. Repeat the procedure for another 10 minutes. This method keeps your metabolism elevated for 48 hours after your workout.
- Avoid salt: To minimize water retention, lower your sodium intake. This means you need to avoid salt. You can flavour your food with other herbs and spices instead.
- Drink more water: Have adequate water to flush away those toxins. This will give you dual benefits of a glowing skin and a flat tummy. Drinking water does not only mean having gallons of water in a day but also drinking healthy drinks like green teas with anti-oxidants and fresh vegetable and fruit juice.
- Stay away from alcohol: Alcohol can make your stomach feel bloated. To get that perfect tummy for a figure-hugging dress or silk saree, stay away from having any alcohol or non-alcoholic beverages.
- Start intermittent fasting: Typically, a person who starts intermittent fasting has a goal in mind. It may be to lose weight, reduce stomach fat, improve overall health, or improve metabolic health.
Some frequently generated questions in mind while following the tips to reduce stomach fat
What is the fastest way to lose belly fat in a week?
Doing cardio and abdominal exercises every day, coupled with a healthy diet (that is low in calories, fats, and sugars) is an efficient strategy for losing belly fat quickly.
Which fruits are good for a flat tummy?
Banana, full of potassium, help your body get rid of excess water weight. Avocados prevent blood sugar spikes that cause the body to store calories at the waistline. Consumption of antioxidants-rich blueberries also helps to reduce belly fat.
What causes belly fat in women?
Poor diet, imbalance in gut bacteria, sedentary lifestyle, and short or low-quality sleep can lead to excess fat around the abdomen. Many women gain belly fat with age as their metabolism slows down and fewer calories are burnt. Changes in the female body during menopause, pregnancy and postpartum can also contribute to a larger abdomen.
Common exercises to reduce belly fat
Here are some common exercises that you should do when trying to reduce your waistline.
- Bear Crawl: Start with coming on all fours. Your hips should be in line with your knees and hands below your shoulders. Lift your knees slightly above the ground. Make sure your back is flat, legs hip-width apart and arms shoulder-width apart. Move your right hand and left leg forward. Now do the same with the other leg and hand. Repeat the move while alternating sides.
- Bicycle Crunches: Lie on your back with legs stretched and arms resting by your side. Put your hand behind your head (do not interlock them) and try to lift your shoulders and upper back off the ground. Bend your left knee and bring it towards your chest and move your right elbow towards the centre. Your knees and elbow should meet in the middle. Pause and then take your leg and hand to the starting point. Perform the same exercising with the other elbow and knee.
- Sit-ups: Lie down on your back with your knees bent and feet placed firmly on the ground. Place both your hands behind your head, without pulling on your neck. Now lift your upper body off the ground up toward your knees. Do not forget to breathe out when you do so. Hold on for 2-3 seconds, then slowly lower yourself down, to return to your starting point. Breathe in when you go down.
- Flutter kicks: Lie on your back with your legs together and hands underneath your buttocks. Lift your right leg off the ground slightly past the hip height. Lift the left leg so it hovers a few inches off the floor. Your back should be on the ground. Hold this position for 5 seconds, then switch the position of the legs, making a flutter kick motion. To make this exercise more challenging, lift your head and neck off the floor.
- V-ups: Lie on your back and extend your arms behind your head. You should keep together your feet and toes pointed. Keeping your legs straight, lift them up and raise your upper body off the floor. Keeping your core tight, reach out for your toes. Lower yourself and return to the original position.
©healthcare nt sickcare and healthcarentsickcare.com, 2017-Till Date. Unauthorised use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full credit is given to healthcare nt sickcare and healthcarentsickcare.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.